Monday, November 28, 2011

Hair Treatment

As you all probably know... Or guessed. I'm obsessed with hair.

~I wash it every 2 days or so. Not everyday because it's stripping your hair of it's natural oils and etc which causes it to dry and even fall out . Shampoo is really alkaline so obsessive washing can really dry it out and damage it.

~I always make sure to condition and massage my scalp properly to keep it smooth.

~I'm attempting to make home remedies for shampoo and conditioner because it's healthier and safer than the regular shampoo.

~ I'm allergic to certain brands now like Sunsilk, Pantene and Rejoice. It causes my scalp to get itchy and I get dandruff for some reason.I love TreSemme, L'oreal, Tracia, Follow Me, and Herbal Essence :)

~I don't use hair products like gel, hairspray or the likes of it. It causes buildup and dandruff. When I do use it, I make sure I use natural products.

~ I don't use my leave on conditioner anymore. I use olive oil because it helps in keeping the hair helathy and easily manageable.

~I do not straighten, perm, dye or even blowdry my hair because heat and chemicals are damaging. If I decide to dye my hair, I would go for natural remedies like henna.

~And this might sound gross but I use eggs and olive oil as a conditioner. Sparingly* .

~One of the home remedies for soft hair includes washing one’s hair with some vinegar to give it shine and softness that is achieved because vinegar helps in balancing the pH levels of the hair. One may also use vinegar on a daily basis to condition and clarify condition their hair. Another natural treatment for soft hair is to add one’s favorite hair oil to one’s shampoo which could be coconut, sunflower, peanut or castor oil as all these oils tend to add moisture, amino acids and other benefits to the hair. Hence by adding a few drops of oil to the shampoo, one would derive the benefits of both the natural oils as well as the commercial product.
I use apple cider vinegar (ACV) to rinse my hair once a week to counter attack the alkaline in shampoo. Basically is simple Science :)

Natural ACV 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something , I'd really appreciate it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...