Friday, November 18, 2011

My Xenophobia

Some people wonder why I act so awkward and out of place with strangers sometimes. I, as it turned out, have xenophobia. Xenophobia is defined as "an unreasonable fear of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange. I don't understand why exactly. I used to get weird dreams and visions when I was younger about strangers. I don't know if it's real or the cause of a certain incident. It's just weird how much I don't remember about it! It feels like someone's erased my mind.

It might have been the cause of a traumatic incident. I distinctly remember an Indian man throwing a cigarette at me when I was cycling. I must have been 8 or 9. It gave me a shock when it flew past my face!

But I don't think it's the type of incident to make me wary of strangers. I just hope I'll be able to figure it out one day.


A very confused banana,
Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something , I'd really appreciate it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...