Wednesday, October 3, 2012

School, Fascinations & Just a normal everyday update

Hey there! :)

So school was pretty umm..interesting today? We only studied Maths -__- for about 2 hours. The rest of the time, everyone was just chilling. "Someone" was talking about his *ehem* life which I really did not want to hear about, but I heard way more information than I wanted to. That goes to show that people don't always do things you rather have them do like STUDY instead of blumbering (I made that up) about how well he gets along with his girlfriend. And because I was so intent on ignoring him, I managed to do most of the questions without any distractions, so I suppose I shouldn't complain about it.

Oh, I'm not a prude. I read books about how babies were born when I was 7, by accident, because I didn't think that "how babies were made" would appear in an innocent looking encyclopedia. It's not that I think sex is disgusting or bleugh. I just think that 'some' things are meant to  be kept private and not shared with innocent (Lol whut) kids like me. (the lies.) But seriously, I don't want to know about your ehem...private life. That's worse than hearing gross words from guys when we learned about the reproductive system. Honestly the big deal about? Ovum + sperm: embryo. Embryo develops into this, then this into that and blah blah blah happens. So I'm too lazy to explain, shoot me. HAHA.

I think the Greek and Egyptian mythology version is so much more fascinating, although I don't believe it.


Greek: "Plato wrote in his Symposium that humans have been looking for their soul mate ever since Zeus cut them in half. In his mythic story, Plato describes a world where there were men, women and people who were both men and women. Apparently, humans began discussing how they could climb up to heaven and replace the gods. The gods were upset by this and discussed what should be done. The simplest solution would be to destroy mankind, but Zeus came up with a better idea. He suggested cutting all human beings in half. This would serve two purposes. First, it would immediately double the number of people making offerings to the gods. Second, it would weaken the humans, so they would not be able to carry out their plan. Zeus' idea was accepted, and the humans were all divided into two. Naturally, the humans were upset at this, and Zeus decided to enable each half to have intercourse with their opposite, symbolically creating a whole. Consequently, the males sought their female half, and the females sought their male half, allowing them to reproduce."

Egyptian: The Egyptians believed that Khnum created the bodies of children on a potter's wheel and inserted them into their mothers' bodies. Depending on the region, Egyptians believed that Heket or Meskhenet was the creator of each person's Ka, breathing it into them at the instant of their birth as the part of their soul that made them be alive.


Fas.ci.na.ting.

I like myth so much more than reality.

I got sidetracked, sorry. HAHA.

Anyway, the conclusion is, I don't have a conclusion and I should get on with the blah-blahs.

Where was I?

Oh right.

The point is, I did the Maths revision without getting distracted (much) and even managed to sneak in some time to read a book. Haha, I did okay, I guess. Not as many mistakes as I thought I would make. Freaking out a little, because PMR is in 5-6 (?) days and I'm in no condition to sit for an exam with my thoughts jumbled up -__- Don't like exams at all. Bleugh. I can't wait for the day when I can CHOOSE what I want to study, instead of what I HAVE to.

Today was still pretty fun though :)

Jihah told me about my class making a class t-shirt for memories which is pretty sweet.

The design will be inspired by this:


The writing and picture is so adorable :3

Of course, we'll be changing it up.

It will be purple, have an alien mascot instead of the tiger, and will have different words.

My class is "Marikh" which is Mars in English so it makes sense? HAHAHA. For the first time, I'm glad they changed the name system for classes.

The back will have everyone's names and some Martians holding a banner saying "3 Marikh."

So cute :)

I likes.

Anyway, that's it for ramblings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something , I'd really appreciate it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...