Wednesday, April 3, 2013

When It's Time To Let Go.

Hey there! :)

Man, I missed blogging.

I wish I could take a photo like this :( There goes my dreams flying out the window. HAHA.
Cimg6904_zpsbee4e42d_large

Why Did I Deactivate My Facebook Account?

So some people have been asking me "MAINE, Why you go deactivate your Facebook?!" and say things along the lines of  "You siao ah?" and "Don't want to talk to me is it?" HAHA. Don't take it personally. It has nothing to do with people. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing! 

Okay, maybe something. 

Maybe it's just me being the normally anti-social, private, (Can't really say that because I blog about my life, but WAIT, I can :P It's my blog, my life. Duh. You don't have to read it if you don't want to as opposed to Facebook where you see everything and anything just as long as you're "friends" with them)  reclusive person I am. You might find it hard to believe but I actually love being alone. When I'm alone, I don't have to worry about looking like I've just woke up, wearing crappy clothes, and being myself, cause there ain't nobody there to judge me. You guys know what I'm talking about right?

Reason 1: On Facebook, it's where people judge you the most.
Maybe they won't comment or anonymously 'dislike' your posts/photos, but (not being paranoid or anything here) they WILL judge you, in their head. I know, cause I do it sometimes. HAHA. That's another reason to stop, I'm turning into a judgmental, self-loathing person from all this contact with the outside world. I hate it, but I can't stop myself when I see people dissing their parents, complaining about having so-called "crappy" Samsung Galaxy Something, talking bout getting the latest gadget and being upset about being single (really, what's wrong with that?)....I just get so sick and FED UP with this kind of behavior.

Listen, if you're upset with your parents, tell them even if they don't bother listening. Don't air out your dirty laundry and expect sympathy. Have some respect for yourself and your family la. And if you have a good phone, why bother trying to get the "latest" one all the time? Newsflash: There's always going to be more phones on the market. Each one better than the last, so there's really no point trying to keep up with all the craze. Now if they came up with a device that has all kinds of books available FOR FREE, you can bet your butt, that I'm gonna get that.

Reason 2: I secretly dislike keeping in touch with old "friends" and socializing in general.
Sure, it's great at first. You keep in touch for a while, then you forget about them for the rest of your Facebook existence. Yeah, it satisfies my curiosity to find out what they do now, and how they're different from who they used to be, but really to be honest..I just don't care anymore. I don't like socializing much online. I'm sensitive, and I get offended really easily when people takes a long time to reply to a simple question. I mean, really, can't you just say a quick "Sure, no prob!" or just say you're busy and you'll get back to me later? It's really just a simple "ttyl busy" or "brb"
A few letters, and you can't type that? -___- I hardly used my inbox in the last days before the deactivation.

Reason 3: Ugly photos.
All the photos on Facebook I get tagged in, is an absolute nightmare. I now have a deadly fear of being tagged in photos. HAHAHA. I'm not photogenic, and I ain't an expert on photography. Pretty sure I have this sign over my head that states "Make me look bad in photos" to the person taking the photo. The downfalls of being a not pretty, ordinary girl like me. Cameras hate me to oblivion. But I love them. So yeah, that's the story of my life.

Reason 4: Comparison, insecurities and :poop:
When I see how pretty my other friends are, or how popular they are, smart, and blah blah blah. Naturally it affects my self-esteem. I can't help wondering why she's pretty/popular/smart/poop and why I'm not. Statistics show (lol whut) that umm..I'm not sure what they show but it's something to do with people having self-esteem issues after comparing themselves with others. People compare themselves to each other all the time, even subconsciously. I can't help it, it's like when I see a 'perfect' person, with nice hair and good looks, I immediately think about how I look, wondering why my hair is so thick and unruly, why I have pimples, why I'm fat. HAHA. Forgive me, for being a human being with confidence issues.

Reason 5: Addiction.
It's kind of a waste of time. Lately I've started seeing FB in the same way I see my relationship with my fridge. I wake up in the morning, walk to the fridge and open it. A quick glance shows that there's no food available so I walk away. Not even one minute later, and I'll walk back to the fridge, open it again and check it for food that might have magically disappeared under some Invisibility Cloak the last time I checked it. It's pointless, it's ridiculous, it's futile.

So I hope that's sufficient reason to rid myself from that world :) Maybe eventually, I'll get up the guts to delete it permanently. But hey, I can always do it tomorrow. HAHA.

There are some things that I'll miss though, like Voldemophobia . Oh, the Potter World :(

Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters is coming out in the cinemas soon! :) I have no idea when. I like the movies, but they'd never measure up to the books :3 At least, Annabeth's blonde now, I was pretty disappointed with the characters not fitting their descriptions in the Lightning Thief. Can't wait to watch the movie :D

Okay, I was having a bizarre Rick Riordan crazy fan moment.

Enough ranting for today, yes?

Till next time :)

4 comments:

  1. This is exactly why i left facebook, and i don't think i'll be going back to it any soon. thanks for putting it in words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcomed :) And I'm not tempted to go back either, haha.

      Delete

Say something , I'd really appreciate it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...