Thursday, September 12, 2013

Through Dark-Colored Glasses.

Hey there!

First off, Happy Birthday! :D to everyone whose birthday is in August, September and October. I'm sorry I forgot your birthday (there's a wonderful excuse to not having a Facebook account) if I had. Exams are starting early this year, so you can begin to expect presents arriving your way by November at the very least. (I didn't forget to make them, I just chose to give them to you later :P). For the matter: You refers to friends only, not random strangers coming up to my doorstep expecting free gifts. HAHA. This is Malaysia, we Malaysians always looking for free gifts and discounts. (And very proud of it, nonetheless)

 Anyway, this is from me to you :) dmingthing.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cloudedvision: (by Nicole Stites) - The day I met him

As you can probably tell by the image above and title, this post will be about spectacles. Or eyes if you will :P

I, for one, would like to admit that I'm as blind as a bat (or blinder, if possible) without my specs, with the exception of night time. I wouldn't say I have perfect vision at night, but I do see things considerably clearer in the dark compared to the bright glare of the sunlight. I'm hoping to get contact lenses next year, if only so I can wear sunglasses that aren't clip-ons. As for now, I'm quite satisfied with wearing glasses.

Parallel.Odds

I remember the days when spectacles used merely for the sake of seeing clearly. Now it appears to have became a trend and it's something *quote* cool *quote* You can find all types of spectacles from Harry Potter, trendy black specs to rainbow-colored ones.

Question: Why do you have to wear spectacles? What was it you did to obtain a less than perfect eyesight?
- I read too much. In the dark when I'm supposed to be asleep with a flashlight, lounging on the sofa after school to pore over a book, in the car during long trips, whenever I'm eating (You gotta read when you eat ;]), sometimes in the toilet (most people use their phones, I'm glad to defy the mainstream) and even when I'm waiting for my dad to pick me up after school. I'm, in no short terms, an ultimate bookworm. You'll never, and I repeat never see me without a book when I'm bored. And if I'm not reading, I'm thinking about what to read next ;) And sadly, what I loved most became the cause of my poor eyesight.

I'm not really blind without my specs, that was an exaggeration. Everything is just blurred and I often mistaken things for what they're not. Oh, and I squinted a lot. HAHA. Which made my eyes look smaller than they really are (and they're small enough)

I used to be ashamed of the spectacles I used to wear (I still am now), but I certainly had a reason to. HAHA. But now I've sort of gotten used to wearing them (despite having worn them since I was 10). I wouldn't say "gotten used to it" exactly. More of, coming to accept the fact that I need them and I would go mad if I spent the rest of my life, squinting at people talking to me and wondering who they are :P

If you have terrible eyesight, well you gotta learn how to accept it. It can be a good thing, look at all those spectacles and contacts we have available these days. Anything is possible :) And if you have perfect eyesight, you're one lucky potato ;) (and no, that is not a substitute for a bad word. Oh well, think what you will)

With that said, I have to confess, I freaking love black spectacles. The first time I wore a pair of them was when I was about 14 years old. Fern had a pair of fake black specs that were being passed around. I tried it on and fell in love on the spot. HAHA. So the next time I changed my specs, I chose black ones. They are in trend now, have been for quite some time.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something , I'd really appreciate it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...