Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hot Huez Hair Chalk Review, Braided Waves & Update

"Beauty is about finding the right fit, the natural fit. To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself - avoid trying to be someone you're not." - Aphrodite, The Lost Hero

Hey there!

So it's been a while since my last post. For one thing, I've been working on my drawings (trying to achieve the unachievable) , editing photos (just for the fun of it) and watching reruns of Big Bang Theory.

Evidence of statement:


I took a photo of my Demigod Files book in church one day, after VBS and edited it with the Cymera app (which I love, love,love!) Looks pretty cool, doesn't it? *Pats self on back*
This is the Puffin (I think) cover version of the Heroes Of Olympus logo, I used it as a guideline for the drawing.
It's only half done, I was planning on doing the wings and body, but I got sidetracked :P 

VBS this year was pretty laidback (well, in my opinion, anyway), the Craft station is pretty fun :) 

Remember what I said about getting red highlights in my previous post? I did get them...Only to dye my whole head that shade two days later :S I'm still trying to decide if I regret it or not. HAHA. 



Sorry for the messy hair, I forgot what a comb is. 
It was slightly uneven at the back, which is what prompt me to dye my whole head.




My real hair color:
It's dark brown with reddish and golden brown undertones.
(Sorry for the bad lighting)

It's luckily, not so noticeable in room lightning. But in the sun, it's so ridiculously red, that some people actually thought that I'd dyed it strawberry blonde. 

With sunlight.


Without.


With sunlight. 


What it looks like now.
If you're wondering how I got the waves, I used the regular braid technique :) 
Tips on doing that:
1. Loosen the braid slightly so you don't get crimped waves (which used to happen to me all the time)
2. Use styling mousse or gel, to keep it from getting frizzy and help the waves last longer. 
3. If you want waves below your ear and not above, don't french braid it. Regular braid will do.
4. If you have really thick hair like me, split it into two sections. If you do just one regular braid, it won't be as nice.

I have weird cats O__o. Like owner... like pet.

Vanity, is insanity :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hot Huez Hair Chalk Review.
Where to buy in Malaysia: Lowyat forum: evalueshop
Price: RM 32



Review of evalueshop on lowyat: 
Price: Reasonable, for something difficult to find in M'sia.
Delivery: Super speedy! (The RM 3 for additional postage was well worth it) I banked in the morning, and received it the next morning :3 I love Skynet (lol), they're usually a day faster than Pos Laju. But that also depends on where you live.
Inquiries/Replies: They reply pretty fast to your inquires, in a very professional manner.
My opinion: Highly recommended seller! You won't be disappointed :) 



I'd add dip-dye here too. 






The chips were entirely my fault. I dropped it on the edge of the plastic packaging :S 



Pros:
  • Color is noticeable enough on dark hair, no need to dampen it beforehand.
  • Color payoff is gorgeous.
  • Easier to use, and less messy than using normal pastel chalks. When the chalk goes on my hand, it washes off easily unlike damp normal pastels.
  • Packaging is compact, and portable. 
  • Washable, comes out with shampoo and water.
Cons:
  • It can be tricky to open if you're not used to it.
  • Can dry out hair slightly and make it stiff.
  • The white compact gets dirty quite fast.
My verdict?
Well worth a shot at trying, especially if you want temporary color in your hair and you're still experimenting with colors. 


I'm thinking about buying a new micro sd card for my phone, I don't think I have enough space left with the amount of songs and pictures I have in my phone :( Also buying a black case for my phone, to custom design with a galaxy print :D I've dropped my phone twice already, since I got it at the beginning of the year, despite being extremely careful, so you know what they say...Always use protection. HAHA. (Okay, what is wrong with me? -___-)

A tip for shopping online in Malaysia and outer space:
- Lowyat forums always has interesting things to check out, and there's usually feedbacks of sellers and even lists of scammers to be wary of.
- Always, read reviews on websites you plan to purchase from. That way, you can be sure of the authenticity of seller, and not be a victim of a scam. 

That's all for now! :)

Till next time,

Update: Next project: DIY Galaxy Phone Case :3 Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something , I'd really appreciate it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...