Friday, December 13, 2013

Reader's Reverie: Of Books And Daydreams.

Hey there! :)

What's New?
As you can see, I've revamped my blog design :D I got tired of the old one (it happens every few months), so I decided to redesign it according to my favorite colors at the moment: Blue and black (also red, but you won't see much of it, lol). And like everything else in my life, my favorite colors change every once in a while as well.(Except for black, I don't think I'll ever get tired of black. Color-cist HAHA). I'm getting pretty off topic now, what was I going to say? Oh right,
It's So Beautiful
The new design of the blog, I mean.

I kinda regret buying a 16 gb sd card now.
I should have gotten an 8 gb one. Now I have so much space in my phone, I don't know what to do with it -___- But hey, I could always find 400+ more songs to download into my phone :) No great loss. (Excuse the swatches on my thumb, I went a little too crazy in Elianto, Sasa and Watsons that day, lol)

 Oh yeah, I've added a Preloved page at the top :) And yes, I've updated the blog with photos. 

I went to Ikea yesterday. Isn't it surprising how the cafeteria is always crowded like crazy? I do have to commend Ikea on excellent resting couches :3 Dropped by Guardian, and managed to pick up a Revlon lip butter in Sweet Tart :) A lovely shade, but I think it's a little too bright, so I always have to blend it out. Nice slightly vanilla smell to it, I like it better than the weird lipstick scents. Saw a thin, hungry cat looking for food in the parking lot. And for the record, if you were at Ikea's parking lot on Wednesday around closing time, I was that crazy person squatting down and mewing at a cat. HAHA.

Book Haul:
Have you heard of the Big Bad Wolf book sale? It's a book sale that occurs 2-3 times (or so) a year, and all crazy book lovers here in Malaysia, strap on our boots, polish our trolleys and get on our magical happy dragons (Festus, where are you?), on our merry way to one of the most sham-azing sales in the vicinity (And for some people, they even travel from the furthest corners of the country to wherever the sale is being held) 

Books And Sale: (to the tune of Jingle Bells)
Dashing through the rain, 
Almost going insane,
Poking our noses in books,
Cackling all the way..
Ha ha ha,

All sorts of singers sing,
Songs from 2009,
What fun it is to go book crazy
In a book sale this wonderful night! 

Oh, books and sale,
Books and sale,
Going on all night and day,
Oh what fun it is to buy, 
New books every day..

HEY!

Oh, books and sale,
Books and sale,
Going on all night and day,
Oh what fun it is to buy, 
New books every day!

Wrote this off the top of my head. Here's Christmas cheers for you! :)
Come to think of it, this doesn't really make any sense. HAHA.
I should give up on poetry and leave it to the geniuses.

I went there last Monday, and managed to pick up 11 books.
 
 (I'm actually surprised it wasn't more)
I was also pretty disappointed because I didn't manage to pick up any Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Divergent and the Demigod Files. I just saw a post on BBW's FB wall, that they've just put up the Harry Potter books on display yesterday. A lot of people aren't too happy about it, since they couldn't find it the days before. I'm not very happy about it either, but well, I managed to snag some pretty awesome books, so I'm not going to complain :) My eyes went higgly-piggly in the General Fiction section though. I think it was quite literally too general. All sorts of Fiction genres were heaped up together, and I actually had to judge the books by their title and author from a distance, before checking them out more thoroughly.

I'm planning on purchasing the Hunger Games trilogy from a seller, if the price is reasonable :D I've read it already, but I think paperbacks/hardcovers beat the crap out of e-books any day. The only upside to e-books, is that the price is so much more reasonable than what I see in bookstores. RM 74 for three books (THG)? You've got to be kidding me (-___-) Ain't nobody got the money for that! (Well, I don't). I wouldn't spend almost RM 80 for three books, unless I'm desperate and there's no other alternatives.

With that being said, here's what I grabbed :D
The Lord Of The Rings series :D 
One for RM 8, so I got all three for only RM 24. And that's flipping fantastic, because I believe the retail price for one book ranges between RM 20-30 (or more). I've read it before, but it's nice to have my own copy of it instead of borrowing it :) Also have to add that a majority of the LOTR books were damaged in one way or another, Ian and I had to do some serious digging to get ones which were in relatively good condition.

Guys & Dogs :) 
I think this is more Chicklit than Romance, but I bought it anyway because I'm a sucker for love stories revolving around fluffy creatures. I might hate it, or like it, but I'm not sure if I'll love it.

First off, I have to say that I did NOT buy the book because of the shirtless guy. HAHA. Really, I bought the book IN SPITE of it. I've heard of the Chosen Ones series by Christina Dodd on Goodreads, so when I came across this one, I decided to buy it after flipping through the pages and reading the blurb. (Also, I love Christina Dodd's writing, she has a flair for this kind of stuff)

Lisa Kleypas, is yet another amazing author :D I think this is a Historical Romance novel. I do so like the cover too.
Stephanie Laurens, is yet, another favorite author of the year. There's been a lot of hype about the Cynster series on Goodreads, so I saw no harm in buying this :)
Okay..I have to admit this one was a bit of an impulsive pick of the litter. I've never heard of Trisha Ashley (till now), but the words "Chocolate" and "Wedding", in addition to the cover, drew me in like a fish on a reel. I was taken in, hook, line and sinker. Have to see if I'll regret buying this one, it felt a little chicklit-ty to me. Reader's intuition :P

I love, love, love Nora Roberts' books! I cannot stress that enough. She has a series titled "In Death" under a pen name, J.D. Robb, which I think it's the only series by her I wouldn't read, because it's a little too long? 38 books, to be exact, and I don't think I have the patience for that. I might read the first, middle and last book though :) Anyways, like I said, I can't resist white dresses and wedding tales ;) This particular book came in two forms, a large book and a smaller one. I was torn between the two, but inevitably chose this one because 1. The smaller book's print was too small and I had to squint my eyes to read it properly. (Which I am NOT a fan of) 2.
 LOOK at that jaggedly edges. I mean, how often do you get to buy a book with imperfect sides like this? :D (Okay, I'm officially crazy)
 
It might be better for my sanity if you don't answer that question. 

 And me, being me, picked up yet another book by Nora Roberts. This one is definitely worth it, it's super thick and of hardcover and it was only:

 Which is certainly as good as it gets.

Here's a tip for those of you planning to purchase new books, by authors you've never read before. Goodreads is the key. On GR, you can find reviews by people who've read the books which will tell you all the positive and negative things about it, as well as connecting with people who reads the same books you do :) And once more, I am not paid to say this. Pinky promise.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied, despite not being able to get my paws on what I was initially after.
What a book loving introvert visualizes after purchasing a stack of books :)

Here's photos of my cat doing yoga. Or whatever cats call it.

 There's another photo, but I think that would be R-rated, cat-aphorically speaking.

Someone asked me "What's with the braids? Why do you always wear them?" 
Here's the thing. Whenever I leave my hair down, I always throw in some mini braids here and there. Why, you ask? It's because my hair is ridiculously voluminous (which is why I don't understand why people tease, backcomb and torture their hair to make it look fuller) and I'm always trying to tone it down, and flatten the top of my head (so to speak). Hence, the braids :) Also, for someone who likes makeup, the furthest I've gone so far is: concealer, powder and lip balm/butter. Still testing the waters with eyeliner though. 

Say "Jah?" for chubby cheeks? HAHA, I have to lay off the chocolate. Which would be difficult, as I have 8 bars of them in my fridge at the moment. Yeah, I'm disgusted at myself too. Look at dat fringe! Dayyuummnn girl, you gotta get yourself a haircut. Can't see my eyes no more :'(  Well, at least I'm still maintaining my weight..so far. HAHA. Not bad for a chocolate junkie.

Oh by the way, the photos of myself weren't edited in any way :) That's just the magic of Silkygirl's Magic White BB powder foundation :D No concealer or the heavy makeup stuff.  This stuff is the raveee!

My next post will be something of a book smackdown or rundown, if you will. Keep your eyes peeled ;) 

Question:Of the members of the Prophecy of the Seven (Heroes Of Olympus), who can you relate to best? 
-I'd say Leo Valdez, because I know what it's like to feel like a seventh wheel and never really fitting in. I get you, bro. *Bro hug*

Quote:
"I'm coming back for you, Calypso," he said to the night wind. "I swear it on the River Styx."
–Leo as he leaves Ogygia, in The House of Hades

Till next time!

P.S. I'm sorry if I sound intoxicated, this was written at 3 am in the morning :) I just set it to post at a later time, for convenience's sake. In fact, by the time you read this, I'll be snoozing like a log. I can't sleep for some reason :( Guess I'll be up till dawn. Good night!

P.S.S. I should start a trend, the EYELESS portrait :p

2 comments:

  1. Wowwwww that's an awful lot of books! Yay! I guess you have a wonderful week ahead of you!
    I loved the entire post, top to bottom. Can't wait to read the next post. <3

    ReplyDelete

Say something , I'd really appreciate it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...