Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dreamer's Philosophy: Age Seventeen

"Age isn't how old you are, but how old you feel." - Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

If that were the case, I would be 10 or 60 years old by now (Either one would be a great prospect). People who believe that turning a year older, is a milestone. And that everything changes. Every year is a new beginning, a new book. People write their own books, they define and shape the life by the decisions they make and the choices they take. Why write a story if you're going to write a crappy one? It's simple. You don't.

I'm seventeen today. Stuck at home with almost bearable itching *shakes fist at bath wash I'm allergic to* , a houseful of cats and the memory of hobbies which I've put on hold for a long time. I've lost my passion for music, craft, and even reading. Sometimes I wonder why I bother studying subjects which I'll never pursue later on in life. Sometimes I wonder why life is so empty and meaningless. And then I wonder if the reason why my life is the way it is, is because I've given up on everything that matters to me. The problem is that I'm not quite sure what matters to me anymore.

I don't celebrate my birthday(s) anymore.
image

There's nothing worth celebrating. I'm older, but non the wiser. But thank you to all the people who wished me well :)

Maybe if you've figured out what life is all about, you can let me know. Because I haven't got a clue. Trust me, to make a supposedly happy occasion in life depressing, haha.

But yeah, maybe I'm being dramatic, but I have every right to be :P

My dad wants to give away the kittens,

Just so you know, if you take the kittens, I'll be in the basket with them. We're a one package deal. HAHA.
*Hisses "They're mine!"* Just kidding. Not really... MY PRECIOUS.  Am I the only one who thinks that Gollum is creepily cute? Also, why is everyone but me wearing contact lenses? -___-
image

I've already started the draft for the book smackdown (Bet you thought I forgot about that), but let me warn you that it will solely focus on J.K Rowling and Rick Riordan's books because there isn't much to debate about in the other series.

Chinese New Year is coming, and you know what happens then. The question "So...what are you going to do after SPM?" will arise. I have only got the slightest fuzz of what to study in college (no university for me), the options being cosmetology, business, journalism or IT. I doubt I'll ever get a scholarship, because I'm an average student at best.

A Short Haul:
I went to a few places yesterday, and the day before, so here :) The Daiso outlets stated are the ones in Aeon Bukit Tinggi and One Utama.


I've been searching for hair shears for a while now, and managed to find this in a stationery shop I used to frequent when I was younger. They sell scissors like these on hairdressing.my but it was about RM 18, but I'm on a online shopping ban now (which is why everything is bought on the spot, LOL)

Anyway, I woke up with itchy eyes yesterday (The effects of hair poking me in the eyes) and I was in a bad mood, so I did the dumbest thing I have ever done and snipped off my fringe till I was satisfied. DON'T ever do this, if you ever find yourself in that position. I might as well get blunt bangs now :( Once I actually looked at myself in the mirror..
image
Flying Blackjack, what have I done?! 

And the end to my tragic story. *sobs* Now my naturally straight hair is wavy in the fringe area! What sorcery is this?! I guess I have to straighten my bangs now :( And ask my Mum to cut my bangs in the future, and keep the shears far, far away where I can never reach them.

The good thing about my hair is that it grows like weed (the one gardeners despise, not the one people smoke, HAHA) so it would probably look normal in a week or two *wipes sweat from brow* 



Two Lipice Sheer Color. I've read good reviews about them, and they're true! :3 It's a color changing lip balm that leaves a bit of a stain even after you wipe it off. Not shimmer too (although they have one in Shimmer) which is great.

Nano White Intensive De-Pigmentation Serum
Bought this from Guardian. I need it for the pimple scars I have that aren't going away :(
I think it's working but not as fast as I want it to.

Storage bag from Hinode - RM 5.
To throw all the makeup junk I have inside.
Polka-dotted red storage box, to store more things that are lying around. :)
Daiso - RM 5


Pantene Pro-V leave on conditioner
RM 6

12 hairbands set from Diva - RM 13
It's difficult to find really stretchy hairbands, and Temptation is out of stock for those :(

Lipice in Lemon, it smells like Strepsils D: 


A mini torchlight keychain, for future camping trips :) It's a great thing to have especially when it's night time before you know it and you don't have a torchlight with you (which happens to me at every camp -_-)
Daiso, of course.

Yet another one from Daiso, a hair crab clip :D It's large too and quite firm, unlike most of the flimsy hair clips I find.

Another spray bottle, but really I have a purpose for buying them.

Daiso folding comb. Handy to carry about in my pocket :D

I'm not sure why I bought this embroidery thread, since I haven't even started using the other one yet O_o. But I'm getting back on the craft wagon, so we shall see.

A mirror, for its intended purposes :P

Sunsilk Leave In Spray Conditioner. I got this for RM 13.90, it's a bigger bottle and I had a RM 5 voucher :3 

Detergent for Puff and Sponge. Everyone in the beauty blog community is raving about this, and it's sold out in most outlets so I'm glad I got my hands on it :) I think this is a repackaging or a slightly different one, because the old one was blue.

STICKY SWEETS :3 YUM YUM! 
Honestly, I'm not crazy about it, but I do like eating them from time to time.

Blueberry flavor <3 One of my favorites. Most of my favorites are citrus-y fruits and berries.


Off Cut Special (Passion Fruit) for RM 5 :) 
It looks like a lung, but trust me, it's not. 

One is for the family, another for the Wongs and the last for friends :)


This pizza flavored Pringles are DA BOMB! 
This tasted so amazing, I finished the whole can already. 
From Cold Storage. It's a pity they don't sell this in local malls and supermarkets :(
Pretty pricey though, RM 7.50 for 169 g.





Himalaya had a special offer going on, so we (Me and Dad, since we're the ones who use the products) got these for RM 40. I love Himalaya, although their items are on the pricey side, it still works better than most acne/skincare products I've tried so far.

I know this might seem like a lot and that I shop too much (which I do *guilty face*) but I'm a bargain hunter and I usually buy things that I actually use. Haha :P

Well, happy birthday to me!

 Let's hope no one does that to me, like I do to other people all the time. HAHA.

I'm 3-4 books behind on my Goodreads reading challenge D: *cue dramatic gasp* BOOKS, here I come! 

Till next time!



2 comments:

Say something , I'd really appreciate it! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...